Drugs has become a major problem in our society. An innate desire to live life with the least amount of pain and the greatest amount of pleasure, leaves each person vulnerable to addiction. For many, the reality of their lives is painful. Difficulties if relationships, insecurities, poverty, social isolation, personal unhappiness and the pressures of modern living all fosters a mental tendency to deny or escape the awareness of pain and discomfort.
Are you addicted to drugs?
Are you ashamed, afraid or embarrassed?
Are you aware of any family member or friend involved in drugs?
YOU ARE NOT ALONE
Did you know HELP is available in your area ?
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
At least 3 in 5 Teenagers/Adults have tried drugs at some point in their lives. This is an international problem. According to the UN Office on Drugs and Crime report 15% of South Africa's population are problem drug users. The drug problem in South Africa has been on a continual rise, especially in the last few years. Methaqualone (Quaaludes), cocaine, marijuana (known as dagga in South Africa), and heroin are all drugs that are becoming increasingly popular.
- Support group programs to the families and the affected drug user.
- Conduct awareness at schools, musjids, businesses,etc.
- We have a female facility available
- Schools, musjids, etc are not taking advantage of our dedicated awareness team that informs and educate, the communities about the scourge of drug addiction.
- Communities expectation of quick fix solutions
Families are not playing there part in the rehabilitation process
- One in 3 adults in South Africa uses drugs on a regular basis.
- At least 15% of South Africans have a drug problem - Nationally over all age and gender groups
- Highest number of Children Born with fetal Alcohol syndrome— possibly highest in the world.
- 20% increase in cocaine usage in 2 years.
- In 2004, government disbanded the SA Narcotics Bureau (SANAB), a dedicated drug fighting unit within the SAPS that had achieved some notable successes. Since its closure, drug related crimes have increased exponentially - in fact by 30 percent.
- The recently - released United Nations World Drug Report had named South Africa as one of the drug capitals of the World.
- The Abuse of alcohol and usage of dagga has lead to the country becoming one of the top ten narcotics and alcohol abusers in the world
- Alcohol is responsible for nearly half of all motor accidents.
- Over 30% of our population have an alcohol problem or are at risk of having one.
- Alcohol affects 17,5 million South Africans
- 18-22 years olds are the group of heaviest.
- 35% of High Schools kids are problem drinkers who drink at least 9 units of spirits, 1 liter of wine or 2 liters of beer.
- The use of dagga has increased by 20% in two years.
- South Africans use double the amount of dagga, than the average world-wide figure
- Mandrax ( Methaqualone) - South Africa is the largest user of Mandrax in the world.
OUR APPEAL TO YOU THE DONOR
90% of our cases are zakaatable and it is our policy to try not to refuse anyone due to their financial difficulties. HENCE THE NEED FOR LILLAH / ZAKKAT FUNDS IS IMPERATIVE
ACCOUNT NAME: RAUF
BANK: FIRST NATIONAL BANK
BRANCH: QUEEN STREET, DURBAN
BRANCH CODE: 22-09-26
LILLAH ACC. NO: 6201 846 3175
ZAKAH ACC. NO: 6201 846 2812
"Satans plan is to cause between you animosity & hatred through intoxicants & gambling & to avert you from the remebrance of ALLAH & from prayer. So will you not desist?" Surah Al-maidah Verse 91
Hours & Info
Support Group: Friday 7:30pm